Wednesday, February 23, 2011

cracked brain

So here's the story first handed about my broken head:
I was standing in the back of a truck and the driver didn't know I hadn't sat down yet, so they gassed the truck and I FLEW out the back hitting head first on to the pavement. I know that sounds intense, and well it was. I repeatedly said "I dont want to go to the hospital" but all my friends insisted that I should. They asked me if I was bleeding anywhere, I said no, but it turns out i was. I busted open the back of my head so to the hospital we went. I honestly can't remember much after that. All I know is that my friends are amazing and took such good care of me when we were checking into the hospital and continued to take care of me. My parents came to the hospital, they arrived about 45 minutes after I called them ( note: Graham is an hour and a half away). You should not look at the next pictures if you have a weak stomach....


that is my precious parents trying to keep me awake.. fail. 


so here is my end diagnosis: I have a dislocated jaw, bruised kidney, I got my head stapled back together, and a very serious concussion. Unfortunately I had to be rushed back to the ER the next day because I was throwing up and not responding well to medicine, but I think it's finally all fixed now. I can't sleep longer than 3 hours without having someone wake me up to make sure I can wake up. The only time I cried though was when I thought they were going to have to shave my head to put the staples in. Luckily they did not. Its been quite the adventure! An adventure I will not be sad to see come to an end. But everyone has been so so sweet and caring to me. Especially my Siggie sisters! I'm so thankful for the people God has surrounded me with here at ACU. I go back to the hospital in a week to get my staples out and I'm dreading it...... Until then if you see me walking sideways on campus or starring into space, please come help. :)




3 comments:

  1. Love those Siggie Sisters! I am so glad you are ok. I am one of your mama's Siggie Sisters and we are still sticking together.......praying now for each others kids. Please keep your wings on!
    WSL,
    Wendy Wadlington Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy the cards look better in pictures rather than real life. Glad we got to see you today!!

    ReplyDelete