Thursday, January 13, 2011

a case of the holiday "stupids"

So here I am with a blog, and I owe it all to my sister-in-law who is a genius blogger and has been blogging for years. Her witty words will be far superior to mine but, oh well. I have no high hopes that anyone besides my family will read this anyways. 


This holiday break has been extremely long. 5 weeks of my brain not being challenged at all to have a creative thought has given me a case of, as my mom so lovingly puts it, the "stupids". Now the "stupids" can be a combination of different kinds of brain farts but overall it is making stupid decisions over and over again. Saying things out loud that you should of internalized, leaving your car running for hours on accident, etc. I can only hope it will be cured once I get back to school but so far no signs of recovery. 


My first example of the "stupids" is me trying to name this blog. Hoping for advice, I asked my mom what would be a good name for it. She said, with all seriousness, "name it 'Jesus freak'." ..... I should've known better.


Another example is me getting my hair dyed yesterday. Now this, for me, is always a bad choice. Why do I continue to do it? It seemed really necessary this time since I was a lifeguard this past summer and my hair got really blonde. Well summer ended and thus began the dreaded roots. I'm proud and ashamed to say that my roots were almost 2 inches long when I went into the salon yesterday to have them terminated. My hair stylist looked at me like I was on fire when she first saw the damage on my head. So I simply asked to make it look natural. Oh, but that is never the case now is it. She then began to tell me what would really look best on me; some dark brown, golden blonde, and copper (red) tones. Me, being the people pleaser I am, said SURE! times like this I wish I would of had my sister-in-law or a collection of best friends with me there to say NO ELIZABETH! this is a bad idea! ... so surprise ACU, I'm actually not a new exchange student when you all see me in a few days.


 Reminiscing to a time when I made an Uh-Oh dying Bekah's hair. :)
Although my examples could go on and on I'll end on this one. The other day I was saying a prayer in front of a whole bunch of people and I ended it by saying "and um.. yeah." not amen. not in Jesus' name. but an "and um.. yeah." I blame it on the "stupids".


But on a more serious note, I'm sure everyone has heard about one of my very best friends Jocelyn Groves. She had surgery and is now in recovery but still needs a lot of prayers. This girl is amazing, strong, and most importantly hilarious. Love you Jocie!

2 comments:

  1. I still think "Jesus Freak" is a good choice. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have the blogging muse. Keep it up! I keep a blog once in a while too -- garyfleener.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete